Tuesday, May 3, 2011

No Memory.

I'm getting tired of not being able to remember things. I woke up on the couch and I felt disgusting. My skin was coated with dry sweat, my shoulder hurt like a bitch, and my head was spinning with a massive headache. I rolled over on my couch, grabbing the remote off the ground, where it always it. I turned the TV on to see what time it was... and what day it was...
The TV wouldn't turn on though. The batteries in the remote must have been dead or something. I could only see the moon shining through the blinds of my window behind the TV. I groaned, pondering if I should go visit the doctor or something to make sure my arm was still intact.
Or just take a bunch of pain pills...
I heaved my limp body upwards, and forced myself off the couch. The apartment was dark and it seemed like there was any sign of life. Malkin was no where to be seen. Or he was in the back bedroom, hopefully sleeping. I was praying that he didn't see me like this. I didn't want him to get all woman like on me and worry is tight little ass off about me.
Specially when I don't even know what is wrong with me...
I dragged myself to the bathroom, switching the light on, but it never came on.
"Must be a power outage" I whispered to myself as I helplessly switched the light on and off repeatedly.
I opened the medicine cabinet behind the mirror, and turned the faucet on to hot. The old sink splattered water on at full blast, getting on my jacket, that I slowly took off, cradling my arm. I let it fall to the floor as I looked at my refection in the dulled lighting. I looked at my reflection on the opened mirror, and focused my attention back to the medicine. I grabbed out some aspirin, and Tylenol, knowing taking both was a bad idea. But my arm hurt so badly, it was the only option.
I didn't want to go back outside...
I held my good hand under the water that refused to turn warm, and grabbed a hand towel that was placed on the counter. I drenched it in the ice water and rose it to my face, wiping the grime and dirt off of it.
I looked down at my right arm. I wanted to keep form seeing the real damage, but the pain was too unbearable to not know why. I looked at my shirt's sleeve, that once used to be white, that was now dried blood. I ripped the sleeve off and saw the mangled remains of my shoulder.
I stood there, more in shock of how I didn't know how this happened. I just stared at my dismantled shoulder, and still oozing blood.
Forcing my eyes to shut.


I took the hand towel again and began wiping dried blood off of my shoulder. I winced in pain, but let out gasps of breathe instead of whimpers. I opened the cabinet again and pulled out the bandages. I pulled the strand out, wrapping my shoulder repeatedly, thinking this was going to fix it.
Pain shot through my arm. I wasn't being careful enough with it.
But I saw His lifeless face again. The pain shot through to my head again, increasing my headache.
Without thinking I grabbed my head with both hands, and fell to the floor of the bathroom.
I could hear the water faintly through the pain... I gasped for breathe. Hoping Malkin was home...

I needed help.

No comments:

Post a Comment