Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Going to bed.

"CHASTIN! JESUS CHRIST!" Malkin... Finally...
"What the hell happened to you, this wound wasn't this bad two hours ago!?" His voice was full of worry, he was struggling to find a calm voice. He was really good at seeing in the dark, something I have never been good at. He turned the water off and took the rag from the sink. He continued to say Jesus over and over. I kept closing my eyes, trying to keep them open, but my body was so exhausted...
Malkin came down to me, and heaved my body up against the bathroom wall. My back rested against the fake wall paper, and my head slung down. Malkin pushed it back, taking my hair with his hand as he looked at me with his dark brown eyes, his face showed all concern for me. I didn't like him feeling so down about me, but I could barely speak to tell him to shut up like I normally do. Malkin raised the hand towel to my face and patted it softly. He moved it down to my arm, seeing it poorly bandaged and said "that's better than I could have done... Chastin what happened to you?"
I blinked.
He blinked.
His mouth arched an upset line, "You're a man of many words..." He put the wash cloth down and grabbed me under my arms. He was more gentle to my right arm. He surprisingly lifted me up and wrapped my left arm around his shoulders and began moving me to the bedroom.
The apartment was eerie... All I could hear was the wind from outside forcing it's rage on anything in it's way.
The bedroom. It was small but so was the amount of stuff we had. The bed was placed in the middle against the wall with one chair next to the right side of it. An analog clock stood awkwardly on the wicker seat. We made it to the bed. My legs were moving but I couldn't feel it.
"Jeez you're heavy. Luckily it's all muscle and height, and not a pot belly, heh..." Malkin said has we sat on the bed. He was trying to lighten the mood, make himself laugh like he usually does in these situations.
It killed me.
Malkin, keeping me upright, took off my ripped shirt and threw it toward the closet. He laid me back and removed my dirty jeans, to then pull the blankets from the floor onto me. If anything he knew what he was doing.
My eyes shifted from him and out the door of the room.


He stood at the end of the hallway.
Just fucking standing there. My headache pounded with every heart beat as it began to beat faster and faster. I all of a sudden carried a bunch of energy, ripping myself from the bed, rushing to my feet and down the hall after him.
Screaming, "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!"
Malkin was right behind me, yelling at me that there was nothing there.
But there was, I swear there was. He was there watching us. I didn't want Him anywhere near Malkin. I knew He was capable of hurting Malkin, like he did me.

I was tripped to the floor by Malkin jumping on me. I laid there with him on me, his arms around my chest. His breathing was hard, and he was swallowing deeply. He was trying to hold back tears, I could tell...
My face was against the grey carpet. I started to feel cold tears dropping on my back. I raised my head, He wasn't there anymore...
Or was He even there to begin with...?

I got up, adjusting Malkin into my arms. I could only say three words... "Quiet, you idiot..." So comforting, I'm sure...
He pulled out of my grip and went into the bedroom. I sat there in my underwear, staring at the bed from where I was. I pulled myself up with my left hand and walked back into the dark room. I turned around to look back into the living room, nothing.
Just darkness.

I closed the door...

No comments:

Post a Comment