Thursday, August 11, 2011

Disbelief

Frankly, I'm at a loss for what to say. There's just been too much death in these last two months...too much misery. I knew that Ai could cope with losing his siblings and his parents before them because of Brennon. Now though...now that Brennon's gone...what will he do? What can I do to help him cope?

I cannot pretend to understand what it feels like to lose someone...especially not someone I cherish as much as Aiden did Brennon. I know that there's nothing I can say that will make this any easier on him.

He hasn't left his room since he came home. I walked past the door once and it was open just enough for me to glimpse him sobbing. His tentacles were flailing violently from his back and there were many broken objects on the floor along with glass from the shattered mirror next to the bed. I suppose he heard my thoughts, because he looked up at me after a few moments even though I hadn't made a sound. His face was full of anguish and I had to shut off my mind from his to keep out the overwhelming flood of emotion. We looked at each other for awhile, but eventually he shut the door with a flick of a tentacle.

I don't know how to help. I feel absolutely useless. I should have been there to help him...I could have fought off Andromeda long enough for Aiden to get Brennon out. I should have known that Slender Man would do something like this. If only I'd had the foresight to know this was coming. I would've helped Aiden watch over Brennon. Together we could have stopped this. I let Aiden guard him all by himself and I didn't even stop to think that any danger could still exist.

If anything...I share responsibility for Brennon's death. Now, because of my thoughtlessness, I don't know if my friend will ever recover. All I want to do right now is rip Andromeda into little pieces, but she isn't the root of the problem. She's just another pawn. The real enemy is Slender Man, and if I'm not careful, he'll murder Chastin too.

I don't care what it takes. Slender Man isn't coming anywhere near Chastin or Aiden if I can help it. I'm not going to sit by any longer. I know I'm just a Revenant. I'm not a hatchling like Ai. I don't know if I have the power to fend off Slender Man...but I'm certainly going to try. Right now, fighting back is all I can do to help Ai.

I can hear Aiden smashing things in his room again. I'm not sure if I should go in and try to talk to him. No doubt he wants to be left alone. Normally, I would think that the best cure would be for him to be around his friends and the comfort of their sympathy. Sometimes, however, it's best to confront the reality of one's situation on one's own. 

If he needs a friend to be with him, I'll be there, all he needs to do is ask. For now, however, I'm going to stay out of it for his own sake. Right now I've got important business to take care of.


5 comments:

  1. Don't worry. I can't do this. I can't do this anymore. I can't live, he was everything. I'm done. I'll join him. I'll be with him again soon.

    I'm sorry if this disappoints you. But I can't do this.

    I'm sorry.

    ~Aiden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for wanting to die. I know it sounds cruel, but it's better than going around murdering people like Taben decided to do as a coping mechanism.

    I won't let you though. I'm not the only one. As terrible as it is, Slender Man won't let you die either. Whether you like it or not, your life belongs to him. He's trying to break you and you can't let him. If you try and kill yourself it'll play right into his hands. Please think about what I'm saying to you...you can't give up living yet. You can't stop fighting. You can't let him win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want it. I. Do. Not. Want. IT! I don't want any of this! I'm sick of loosing everyone and everything I've ever cared about this is the last draw! I don't care what the fuck happens to me anymore. I'm sick of it! I can't handle anymore death!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Malkin, I'm afraid you've misunderstood Father's motives. You see, He's given up on making dear Aiden His protege. Aiden is obviously weak and thus useless to Him. Brennon's death was solely intended as a punishment for ALL of you. I hope that clarifies things for you, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andromeda, if that's the case then it seems our priorities need to change.

    Aiden, if we don't find some way of fighting back then the death will continue. If you give up then the death won't stop. Don't forget, we still have Taben to contend with. I know he's done some horrible things, but do you want to lose him too? If you keep fighting then we can still protect the others, Ai...

    ReplyDelete