Monday, April 25, 2011

Jumping In

I remember wrapping the back side of my body against the cold brick of a building.
I remember grasping for breath like there wasn't enough to live...
The sweat that came down my forehead felt like ice, but it was the least of my worries. He, was there. I didn't know where but I knew He was close. He was after me, and He wasn't happy.
My attempts of getting rid of Him were futile, it only made things worse.
My nails scraped up against the brick, feeling the scratch against my fingers. I didn't know where to go, what to do. My mind was racing. I couldn't believe it was all real... But when the city lamp ten yards away from me turned off slowly, I knew I had to do something. Yet, when I pushed off from the brick wall in a desperate attempt to turn and run, I was too late.
My face met suit button. Only then did I realize how badly I was sweating...
Then my heart stopped.
Things started happening so fast, that I went into instant survival mode. My body kicked away from His, ducking under his torso. I was shoved back against the brick wall, but was able to release myself, I don't know how but I didn't care. I swung under His arm and bolted off down the street. I could hear heavy feet moving around behind me, but my heart started working again with it's beats blocking my hearing.
Then it felt like the ground caved from under me. I fell to the blackness of the pavement, landing with no cushion, scraping my face against the gravel.
Half of me just wanted to lay there and just let what was to happen, happen.
I felt Him closer.
I shut my eyes, clenching all my face muscles.



Not breathing.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment