Sunday, January 8, 2012

Nothing Yet

I haven't found any clues to Aiden's whereabouts yet. I've been back to the house every day since Aiden disappeared in the hopes that something, anything, might turn up, but I've found absolutely nothing. It's frustrating...I'm literally about ready to tear my hair out. I'm so worried about him...this "paradise" he's seeing can't last. This is a trap, it must be. It will eventually turn into a nightmare and Aiden might get killed if I don't get him out before that happens.

It would be great if I could at least figure out where he is. Has he been transported to some alternate reality? Is he in some secluded place in the middle of nowhere stuck in a delusion and imagining his loved ones around him? Either possibility could be correct for all I know. I have no idea who might be able to help me...I would ask Constance, but I don't think she can do much for me. I can't exactly go up to Slendy and demand he tell me what's going on. Believe me, I already tried that and all I got for my trouble was being knocked out for a few hours and waking up in the middle of the woods.

I don't know how to proceed from here...I keep going back to the house every few hours in the hope that Aiden might materialize there, but that's about the extent of my ability. I don't know if anyone has been following this post's comment thread, but I've managed to contact him there. I just need to do my best to try to talk him into believing me.

On another note, I found something disturbing on the dresser in my hotel room this morning. It was a note in Chastin's handwriting.

All it said was, "I have no mouth, and I must scream."

Yeah, I know that that's a reference to the Harlan Ellison short story of the same name.

Of course, I was not aware that Chastin had read that particular piece of literature since he hates reading. But I digress...

The more pressing matter at hand is the fact that he's here in Ohio and that he wandered into my hotel room last night while I was asleep. I'm not safe here...but I can't leave, not while Aiden is in trouble.

I don't know what to make of the message...I'll spend some time thinking about it. It'll give me something to do while I'm waiting for Aiden to reply to my last comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment